Basically, I managed to decipher something that was poorly explained in the book, after creating a few type mismatch errors of the sort that made the debug while running window impossible to close, and I'm getting the numbers to work. The rest is just making it look pretty, and getting rid of the two minute error.
(that was last night about the VB. Upon the note that I'd somehow [thank you current state of LJ] managed to triple-post, I tried to delete the two extra entries. This was the result.)
Edit Journal Entry
Error There was an error getting the journal entry to edit: Client error: This entry is not from your journal.