So, say you were meeting a new person--blind date, new friend, who knows. And you wanted them to have some idea of what kind of person you are, and who you are. But you can't actually tell them in so many words. Instead, you have to give them a box, with a dozen things in it for them to look at/read/listen to/taste/whatever.My box:
What would you put in the box? And a copy of your journal or a link to your LJ would be the same thing as just telling them directly, yourself, so that's not allowed.
- Cyteen, C.J. Cherryh.
- Spock's World, Diane Duane.
- Support Your Local Wizard, the first several Young Wizards books in one volume, also by Diane Duane. (hee, cheating!)
- R.E.M.'s album Out of Time.
- Blondie's album Parallel Lines.
- One of the self-portraits I've painted.
- A photo of me with Darkside, one of the ones where we're sparring or joking around and we're fairly wrapped around each other and focused on each other.
- A charm bracelet with my computer charm, a penguin charm next to the computer charm, my tiny pentacle, a cat charm, a phone charm, and a pen charm.
- A country music CD case, with the CD inside smashed repeatedly and also burned somewhat and scratched up or a box of Trader Joe's chocolate orange sticks.
- An industrial-size bottle of St. John's Wort.
- A wallet-size photo of the Little Fayoumis.
- A photo of my desk in its usual (messy, cluttered, insane) state.