Despite getting only four hours of sleep, which is usually a precursor to a really shitty day, this has perhaps been the best birthday I've ever had, with only a few moments of stress/crabby/grouch, most of which weren't mine.
The Doom Toll:
- Gas pump broken, people in front slow to leave
- Two (2) miscommunications regarding scheduling and plans (worked out within three minutes peacefully)
- Construction blocking the way to the bank
- Getting slightly lost while looking for other bank
- One (1) miscommunication while waiting for bank, involving being busy, and kid bathroom urgency
- Slight kerfuffle regarding where to eat
- Slight kerfuffle caused by needing to eat lunch really bad
- Traffic on the freeway being a little stiff
- Nasty cramped neck muscles (marxdarx's)
- Getting medium-lost while headed to AZ Mills mall (turning around instead of going to home and then Metro)
- Several amused disagreements about who was paying for what
- Kid in mildly scary movie
- Tired people after long, fun day
- Two (2) migraine headaches, one of them belonging to the driver
- Assorted insane other drivers throughout the day
In short, it was a pretty normal day as far as mild "bleh" moments go. I had to search my memory to come up with them, because the overall mood of the day was excellently festive. Paychecks (large juicy ones), a happy lunch together, a delightful trip to a huge used book store, getting books I've wanted for ages, seeing a movie I've been anticipating, and having it live up to my expectations, spending time with almost all of my here-family, singing happily and nonstop after the movie got out ("Something Wicked This Way Comes", of course) (and of course, now that I'm singing, my cat is singing along with me...), visiting Black Market Minerals and looking at all the shiny things, having a well-behaved kid in tow enjoying himself, and of course all the good wishes from my friends...
Yep. I'm happy.
And I didn't even have any cake. Nor a spanking.