(my year of graduation from high school was 1998)
?? can't remember
1. Too Close, Next ??
2. The Boy Is Mine, Brandy and Monica
3. You're Still The One, Shania Twain
4. Truly Madly Deeply, Savage Garden
5. How Do I Live, LeAnn Rimes
6. Together Again, Janet ??
7. All My Life, K-Ci and JoJo ??
9. Nice and Slow, Usher ??
10. I Don't Want To Wait, Paula Cole
11. How's It Going To Be, Third Eye Blind ??
12. No, No, No, Destiny's Child ??
13. My Heart Will Go On, Celine Dion Very guilty. Also, overplayed.
14. Gettin' Jiggy Wit, Will Smith ??
15. You Make Me Wanna..., Usher ??
16. My Way, Usher ??
17. My All, Mariah Carey ??
18. The First Night, Monica ??
19. Been Around The World, Puff Daddy and The Family ??
20. Adia, Sarah McLachlan
21. Crush, Jennifer Paige
22. Everybody (Backstreet's Back), Backstreet Boys
23. I Don't Want To Miss A Thing, Aerosmith This song has very high triangle or bell or something dings at the end that drive me absolutely nuts. This is because I'm never sure if I'm actually hearing it or not until I realize that I am.
24. Body Bumpin Yippie-Yi-Yo, Public Announcement ??
25. This Kiss, Faith Hill
26. I Don't Ever Want To See You Again, Uncle Sam ??
27. Let's Ride, Montell Jordan ??
28. Sex And Candy, Marcy Playground
29. Show Me Love, Robyn ??
30. A Song For Mama, Boyz II Men ??
31. What You Want, Mase ??
32. Frozen, Madonna
33. Gone Till November, Wyclef Jean ??
34. My Body, Lsg ??
35. Tubthumping, Chumbawamba
36. Deja Vu (Uptown Baby), Lord Tariq and Peter Gunz ??
37. I Want You Back, 'N Sync ??
38. When The Lights Go Out, Five ??
39. They Don't Know, Jon B. ??
40. Make Em' Say Uhh!, Master P ??
41. Make It Hot, Nicole Featuring Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott and Mocha ??
42. Never Eve, All Saints ??
43. I Get Lonely, Janet ??
44. Feel So Good, Mase ??
45. Say It, Voices Of Theory ??
46. Kiss The Rain, Billie Myers
47. Come With Me, Puff Daddy ??
48. Romeo And Juliet, Sylk-E Fyne ??
49. It's All About Me, Mya and Sisqo ??
50. I Will Come To You, Hanson ??
51. One Week, Barenaked Ladies
52. Swing My Way, K.P. and Envyi ??
53. The Arms Of The One Who Loves You, Xscape ??
54. My Love Is The Shhh!, Somethin' For The People ??
55. Daydreamin', Tatyana Ali ??
56. We're Not Making Love No More, Dru Hill ??
57. Semi-Charmed Life, Third Eye Blind
58. I Do, Lisa Loeb
59. Lookin' At Me, Mase ??
60. Looking Through Your Eyes, LeAnn Rimes ??
61. Lately, Divine ??
62. Quit Playing Games (With My Heart), Backstreet Boys
63. I Still Love You, Next ??
64. Time After Time, Inoj ??
65. Are You Jimmy Ray?, Jimmy Ray
66. Cruel Summer, Ace Of Base
67. I Got The Hook Up!, Master P ??
68. Victory, Puff Daddy and The Family ??
69. Too Much, Spice Girls ??
70. Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are), Pras Feat. Ol' Dirty Bastard and Mya ??
71. How Deep Is Your Love, Dru Hill Featuring Redman ??
72. Friend Of Mine, Kelly Price ??
73. Turn It Up [Remix] / Fire It Up, Busta Rhymes ??
74. I'll Be, Edwin McCain ??
75. Ray Of Light, Madonna
76. All For You, Sister Hazel
77. Touch It, Monifah ??
78. Money, Power and Respect, Lox ??
79. Bitter Sweet Symphony, The Verve
80. Dangerous, Busta Rhymes ??
81. Spice Up Your Life, Spice Girls ??
82. Because Of You, 98 Degrees ??
83. The Mummers' Dance, Loreena McKennitt
84. All Cried Out, Allure Featuring 112 ??
85. Still Not A Player, Big Punisher Featuring Joe ??
86. The One I Gave My Heart To, Aaliyah ??
87. Foolish Games / You Were Meant For Me, Jewel
88. Love You Down, Inoj ??
89. Do For Love, 2Pac ??
90. Raise The Roof, Luke ??
91. Heaven, Nu Flavor ??
92. The Party Continues, Jd ??
93. Sock It 2 Me, Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott Featuring Da Brat ??
94. Butta Love, Next ??
95. A Rose Is Still A Rose, Aretha Franklin ?? (but I probably should have listened to it, that year.)
96. 4 Seasons Of Loneliness, Boyz II Men ??
97. Father, LL Cool J ??
98. Thinkin' Bout It, Gerald Levert ??
99. Nobody's Supposed To Be Here, Deborah Cox ??
100. Westside, TQ ??
The songs I remember from 1998 are mostly from the X-Files: Fight the Future soundtrack, and then the songs on the late night MTV and VH1 shows. That was a scary year for me. '97/'98 wasn't so bad, but from January to December, 1998 was not especially a good year to be me, and 1999 was worse.