2) The phone menus are impossible to navigate through without a valid customer number or SSN; "valid" means "in their system". I had to select something like "validate employment" to speak to a live human being.
3) The phone goon I talked to said it was impossible to take a phone number out of their system without the customer number, and impossible to look up a customer number from a phone number.
4) I broke down in tears at that point and begged to speak to someone who could help me.
5) I got put on hold for half an hour, and then was hung up on (I heard voices in the background and then the click).
6) Their website's listed privacy information toll-free number (866) 806-8012 is not working. http://www.hsbcusa-autoloans.com/ http://www.hsbcusa-autoloans.com/CarLoans/consumer?cmd_ShowPage=Privacy
Oh, now this phone goon says that they CAN look things up by phone number. I told her approximately what had transpired before (that I was told this was impossible, and then put on hold for half an hour and hung up on. [She talked to customer service, verified from them that they COULD do that, I begged the customer service number from her in the case that I had to call again, and then she transferred me. I got the competent phone goon by pressing the auto company calling to deal with customer loan option. Heh. Follow the money.]
customer service: x7050 (she's transferring me)
Well, what do you know. It was in their system. Annnnnnd the account got flagged, the number got blocked, and if I get any more god damn calls from them in the middle of my god damn sleep cycle, I am contacting the god damn BBB or something.
This call was at 8:15 this morning. It is now 10:00. I am still fucking disgruntled.
HSBC's contact information from their website:
Call to Apply
24 Hours a Day
7 Days a Week
Call to Learn More
Mon-Fri 6am-7pm PT
Sat-Sun 7am-6pm PT
Mon-Thurs 6am-7pm PT
Fri 6am-6pm PT
Sat 8am-12pm PT
214 446 1600 ("all circuits are busy")
214 488 5152 (current customer line's caller ID)
So. Call their 800 number (I suspect the Current Customers number works best) and talk to Customer Service at x7050.