- Now I know that the Universe is trying to tell me to examine my life closer, for I will find fictional villains lurking in it. First, a young man with the oddly-spelled first name of a major Shayara Problem. Now, another young man (v. pretty) with the last name of a major family allied with Grindelwald in the House of Ill Faith series. I'm not entirely sure what the message is, beyond this, but I don't think it's one I want to hear, which is why I've been resisting hearing it. But that's a smack in the face to be sure.
- There is beef jerky drying in my kitchen. The meat was on sale, I live by myself and have a tiny freezer, and beef jerky is good. I am refining the process still, which is why this set is going to be too salty and potentially too dry.
- I had a decent enough day, and the paperwork did not kill me. In fact, I had the spare time to do a little extra project on the side: some digging into archives, retrieving data, and socking it up in a spreadsheet for Management to do things with. Stressy College Chick is fond of the locution that goes "And we need to X, and by 'we' I mean 'you'."
It would have taken her hours, and when a project takes hours, it often takes days to do in between tasks. I slapped together a spreadsheet, started digging in the archives, and damn if my keyboard shortcuts didn't come in handy. So much easier to click open a folder, arrow-and-enter around to open the proper file, page through the file to find the data, alt-tab back and forth to fill in the new spreadsheet, ctrl+w the archived sheet closed, arrow to the next pertinent file, and enter it open, than to use massive mouseclicking or paper-shuffling to get the same results. Since I don't know the keyboard commands to up a file level in an open file manager window, I used the mouse for that.
But that was it. Four months worth of weekends I paged through. Now, if I were super-1337, I'd have written myself a script to do that for me. But a) if I tried to write scripts to run on the system I'd probably be banninated, and b) I have no script-fu.
- Didn't get the chance to call Darkside. Today's shift was voluntarily extended. Ratio was 1:15.12 supervisor hours:phone goon hours, which is good for a voluntary extended shift. My hours today were 12.25, which means I got there as the sun was rising and the morning grackles were pointing their long beaks to the sky and shrieking a salute to the dawn, and I left well after the sun had gone down and there was not so much as a peep from the colony nested in the trees above the office.
- Bond is ... is ... is ... um. I think we are entering the zone of finding the minimum amount of contact the bond can exist on, and then halving that and trying to make it work anyway. 95% packet loss, with the packets that do make it through intact, is far better than 50% packet throughput with all packets useless. It is frustrating as all fuck to go down to 5% throughput from a near-100% throughput, though.
Granted, the near-perfect throughput also had encrypted packets and me without the key for most of them, but... Argh?
A multifaceted confusing life object
Originally posted by azz_on_dw at Home, minus uterus http://azurelunatic.dreamwidth.org/7618142.htmlGot the uterus (and tubes, and…
Got logged out on my phone. Could have done without the aggressive ad takeover that threw me to the app store. Twice. No chance to log in. Might…
azz_on_dw Crossposted. comments. Sign in with OpenID (use your LJ URL), confirm an email address, and leave a comment.