It cooked for a whole day; I made sure to stir it and add enough water. After the 24 hours or so were up, the results smelled and tasted like a divine crossover between teriyaki, BBQ, garden-variety beef stew, and of course pot roast. It even tasted good after the scorched tongue.
Tonight, chocolate covered cherries. I've got cunning plans with those, so this is my beta test. I got some commercially preserved fruitcake cherries at the store this evening and used those in my new molds. Tasty! I experimented with a syrup filling as well.
I know my own preserved cherries and the cherry syrup will beat the commercial cherries and the corn syrup completely, but the current batch tastes fine. There were a few minor issues, and if I plan to keep doing this, I'd best to be getting a more durable set of molds, but whee! Chocolate-covered cherries that aren't as dreadfully labor-intensive as hand-dipping! Just paint the mold with chocolate, chill, fill, chill, cover, chill, and eject. (They don't like coming out, I can tell you.)
John thinks that the cherries with syrup should be called XCherries.
This is because they're GUI.