- No attempting to do a survey with a toilet.
- Training class never says anything about the death threats.
- No telling people whose households don't have teenagers how lucky they are.
- Evidently giving the finger to the phone after getting rid of a rude respondent contributes to my "cool supervisor" points.
- Phone goon thanked me for getting a minus changed from one point on the rating scale to another one, even though it was still a minus.
- That respondent has misunderstood the Do Not Call laws.
- Yes, you must speak to the parent before speaking to the kid. Even if the kid says "I'm old enough!" when answering the phone.
- If that respondent's cousin owned the company, that respondent's cousin would laugh at that respondent for complaining that you are not doing your job right. As it is, I have two words to say about the claim. The first one is 'bull'. The second one, I can't say on the call floor.
- No, you are not getting "all" the crazy respondents. You've only gotten like five. So has about everybody else.
- Just because the headset's little piece has come off does not mean that the headset is in fact broken.
- "Shaking hands" with Rev. Not-So-Nice Super involves a mannequin hand.
- If the headset is in fact broken, do not attempt to interview with it.
- Put your hand inside the puppet head.
- That irate respondent in Baltimore will not show up on your doorstep. This is Phoenix.
- Even when you think that microphone is off, it is probably not, and the monitor can hear you.
- Sometimes quitting and coming back a year or two or three down the road is the best career choice.
- Singing little songs for the monitors' amusement is not the best career choice.
- My elder clone's daughter who wants to be a witch is soo cuuuuuute. She reminded me of someone; I just now realized that it was actually onyxrising's cousin who she looks a lot like: that slender/pale/dark hair thing, plus tiny and full of so much general fire & mischief.
- No laughing at respondents when they threaten you with physical harm.
- That microphone is really sensitive, and it will pick up the sound of your neighbor across the way cussing.
- Whining to your supervisor is not amusing. To anyone.
- You think you are 'cool', so you can get away with whining to your supervisor. News flash: you are *not* anywhere approaching 'cool', and in point of fact, anyone who's had to deal with you sort of loathes you, and we really wish you'd hurry up and get a better job somewhere else like in used car sales where your air of pathetic sleaze would be a job asset.
- You're trying really hard, bless your heart.
Things about being a supervisor:
Originally posted by azz_on_dw at Home, minus uterus http://azurelunatic.dreamwidth.org/7618142.htmlGot the uterus (and tubes, and…
Got logged out on my phone. Could have done without the aggressive ad takeover that threw me to the app store. Twice. No chance to log in. Might…
azz_on_dw Crossposted. comments. Sign in with OpenID (use your LJ URL), confirm an email address, and leave a comment.