- Got to work on time
- Trained with the Queen Bee on the spreadsheets; discovered what we'd been doing wrong last time
- Discovered that the spreadsheets may not be moved, as they employ absolute addressing, not relative addressing, in a whole nest of related spreadsheets, and I don't know how to get it out.
- Got tapped to watch $ISSUE_SIDE_JOB while Ponytail Dave wasn't in yet, just as I was about to go on break
- Panic-set-up the job. "Hell" was the word of the day. I repeated it several times, in favor of "FUCK!!" but superior in intensity to "crapweasels" (my usual expletive of choice at work).
- Organized a very quick impromptu essay submission about the job that was not yet set up to run because of sample issues.
- Watched $ISSUE_SIDE_JOB
- Condensed and typed up the results of the impromptu essay submission to forward to one of the Account Executives to forward to the client. Did it under Obso1337 Super's e-mail address.
- Had a firm but possibly fruitless discussion with the Ditzy Fluorescent Sweater Lady about reading the survey verbatim. She argued that "white" is the same as "American". My resulting glare at her was half-composed of random WTF, because ... omg. Nationality != race. I felt like telling her that we do not pay her to think or interpret the survey, and either she is capable of reading it as written, or she is not, and if she is not, then she really needs to seek employment elsewhere. It is probably made worse by the fact that I am sure that she would consider herself American if asked, and she is of Asian descent.
- Encountered the Philosopher initiating casual conversation with the respondents, which he should know that he is not to do
- Plucking eyebrows is probably not something to be done at work on work time while supposedly working.
- Utter panic-scene when computers randomly began to reboot themselves after unzipping something. Panic, chaos, disorder, and downtime. I was just about cussing. The "something" proved to be a Cisco Security Agent update file. We lost a couple surveys. Dammit.
- At length I was allowed to go back and finish training. Rather bizarre.
- The lady who upset everyone's April Fool's Day has been calling in every two days or so. She called while I was in the office. This, appropriately enough, was right on top of a discussion about the "NEVER" individuals -- such as "Mike JONES!" and the One-Man Bald Nudity Crusade. It is fortunate for us all that the One-Man Bald Nudity Crusade does not call the workplace. Many people fight with the vending machines. Not many people claim that the vending machine companies are conspiring with the workplace to steal people's money. Even fewer declare that it is better to do business with drug dealers (because they give you what you pay for).
- The Queen Bee hugged us all goodbye. She is one of those people who is a lot easier to get along with if you're working directly with her, because she does not come off well in limited indirect contact, especially when she is just initiating contact to reprimand.
- I didn't get to take my break until after 3:30.
- My elder clone's boyfriend turned 40 today! Hooray, him!
I came back early from break and BSed a bit with my elder clone, who was in the copy room working on a project. Dave Matthews Band Fan Geek blew past us, and said "Joan, dammit." Intrigued, I followed him out to the bullpen, where he proved to be installing the Flash player I had asked about on one of the computers.
Work outsources dinner en masse, with all of us ordering from one place at a time and pitching in our share of the cost of the total order, and sending one person to get it all. Unfortunately, not all of us have all of the menus of all of the places memorized, and some places (like Wendy's) have their menus locked up needing Flash player to see the stuff. Computers are without said player. I privately e-mailed Dave Matthews Band Fan Geek, asking (unofficially) if he could please put that on the bullpen computers, though I could see why if that wasn't possible.
I am going to owe him. He's been calling me "Joan, dammit" because of this -- but it's on that computer now. It's not going to be on all of them, but that one machine has it installed. All of our menu-related needs are to be taken care of over there. Score!
I was horizontal for a while after I came home, but then I went and worked out. Someone was on my funkystairstepper favorite machine, so I did arm stuff, then hit the exercise bike until she was done. I got in at least a half-hour, maybe a whole hour. I didn't check the time when I got in. At least 10 minutes on the bike, then 20 on the funkystairstepper.
Tomorrow should be a decent day.