I had a nice productive day at work. I got the reports I was supposed to finish for managers finished, and there was much finishing of reports. I even finished some that were strictly optional. Then I got started on figuring out what I will actually need to do when I am doing the queries that will form the tables that will support the query and/or queries that will create the bloody quarterly reports for the phone goons.
I also handed out the monthly "Bad you: wrong break screen!" report to the managers. Yay for managers.
Homie G was running my job today, so I did have to teach him about some of the tools that our team uses to get the fiendish paperwork related to the team finished up in what approaches a timely fashion. Once he got the hang of them, though, he took the fuck off and was finished way faster than he thought he would be finished. He was bragging to the Pink Lady about the stuff he was using, actually. She was all thrilled with the spreadsheet that she was using, the beta version, and he was using the first release and lording it over her. Hee, hee. Now he and the Pink Lady want me to rotate around all the teams and spend a month with each team learning the jobs and creating tools to help improve the jobs.
Hmm. I should really improve the CI JOAN spreadsheet to isolate the evening dialing portions as well as isolating the afternoon dialing portion. And I should expand it to allow for extended Saturday shifts, to see how that last two hours performs. You know, I could cut it down to hour by hour, and ... erg, that would be a bloody scary damn spreadsheet, but that is what spreadsheets are good for.
The more time I spend at this job with some free time on my hands, the more I find little technological improvements to get things moving along a little better.