Azure Jane Lunatic (azurelunatic) wrote,
Azure Jane Lunatic

Work, underpants.

Paperwork today was weird, since there was little to no actual work going on yesterday. There was a training class, and there were inbounders doing their thing, with a little of outbound dialing from them on the paper jobs (most of the surveys are on the computer, and that computer was b0rked), but otherwise nothing.

Midway through the morning, I wound up in the front admin office answering phones and being available when the phone would ring while the Princess was on the line with somebody. I was going through the damn DB deleting duplicate records, dammit. I figured I could do that as well in there as in my usual little hole.

Then I got shanghaied into helping decorate for Turbo's farewell-and-birthday party. I distributed balloons. There was a ton of pizza, a huge cake, and a crowd. Turbo is a popular guy. I got pictures (some of which have already been posted). His farewell speech: "So long, and thanks for all the fish." There was a roar of laughter, which surprised him. Most of it was coming from the geek contingent on his side of the room. He hadn't thought that as many people knew that series as actually did.

I signed his farewell card. "It's been a pleasure working with a hoopy frood like yourself."

I got a hug.

It was time to clean up, and Pink Shirt Guy suggested that I take the balloons and put them in Turbo's cube. I was down with that. I cleaned them up invisibly (without giggling), and got them back to his cube. I was going to go for the levitating mouse effect, but alas, there was no tape available, and the mouse was too slippery to nest in the tangle of ribbons. So I stuck all his whiteboard markers together and had those weight the balloons down in midair.

Eventually, the box with the surveys on it was restored to communication with the rest of the network. I finished my paperwork and banged away some more on the DB.

I brought a box of fudge in, and distributed some. I clearly need to bring enough for the whole class, because I was just distributing it to a few people, and that was sad.

There were system problems this afternoon before everything was finally up, but it was different things.

I was starting to fall asleep around 4. I actually made it past then, because I wound up running my end of the TPS reports that the supervisors couldn't do on Tuesday night. Yay, me.

Then I cut out my rubber car mats before actually going home. Also yay me.

Comments for this post were disabled by the author