Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

A Saturday

So, how to describe today?

I got to bed at a bad hour. I woke up, without my alarm clock, at about 9am. I had made plans with jai_dit to run some errands together, so I scraped myself together, called him, and zipped out of the apartment.

We were on our way by 10:20. The objectives: get some stuff he needed, ship it off, and then give plasma. We washed up at the grocery store, as they weren't prepared for anything but solid currency. So! Off to his bank! But which bank? He remembered the east/west street of the nearest one, and by cruising along in a direction that felt right, we wound up there. Mission accomplished, we set off for a mailing place. We were finished with that by 11:30, and headed off to give plasma.

I wasn't sure that they'd still be accepting new donors at that hour, but miraculously, they were! So I signed in, settled down with my book, and waited. The waiting room was full. I had a book, so ordinarily I would have been just fine, but I had Cramps of Definite Pain, which prevented me from enjoying the two hour wait the way I might otherwise have. I had brought several books. I wound up re-reading Losing Joe's Place (always good), and reading almost the entirety of Impulse (don't bother; the plot's good sensational enough, but the writing style is uninspired and misses in enough places to distract me from the story). (I finished Impulse at home.)

When I finally got back on the floor, I got a bit of a dodgy stick. Flow was all right at first while drawing, but on return it was high-pressuring. So instead of adjusting my needle, the lady turned down the return pump speed. That worked, but it was a v. slow return. Inevitably, when it came time to draw again, I no-flowed. Another lady adjusted my needle, and it was smooth sailing from then on.

Movies of the day there: the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie (tuned most of it out), and Surf's Up (also tuned most of it out).

jai_dit and I finished about the same time. Amazing, given that he was a new donor today, but given that it was crowded enough that it took us 5 hours to get through ... I usually go through in 2-3 hours. Bleh. I'm glad I had enough books.

We needed food after that, so we went home. We were out of bread. jai_dit doesn't eat his hot dogs naked, so this required a grocery run. I went horizontal near-immediately upon returning home; JD finished his hot dogs and then borrowed some floor and a pillow and did likewise. I woke up at nearly 9, realized that the laundry room at his apartment complex closes at 11, and dragged him back here, but what with feeding the starving beasts and all, he's waiting on laundry tomorrow.

Nabiki is in heat. She's been writhing on the floor and yowling and growling. I actually successfully picked her up last night, and so did JD. We didn't hold her for long, but I petted her for a while until she decided it was time to leave.

I'm probably going to get sleep early tonight. I need to call Dawn; we haven't talked much all month and it's driving me crazy. Tomorrow, maybe. I should call Darkside then too. I should also figure out what we're-all doing for the 4th, as people have days off.
Gone away, gone ahead,
Echoes roll unanswered.
Empty, open, dusty, dead.
Why have all the Weyrfolk fled?

Where have dragons gone together
Leaving weyrs to wind and weather,
Setting herdbeasts free of tether;
Gone, our safeguards, gone, but whither?

Have they flown to some new weyr
Where cruel Threads some others fear?
Are they worlds away from here?
Why, oh why the empty weyr?

-- "The Question Song", Anne McCaffrey
Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by yoksel