- Make a post to your LJ with a list of ten holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for Harry Potter on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your LJ to see who has posted a list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
- You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy.
- There are no guarantees with this project, and no strings attached. Just... wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1) Roses. I like roses.
2) A damn alarm clock that is good, but either doesn't have a daylight savings time feature, or has one that can be disabled. Or even a recommendation for one. MP3-player-compatible a plus, but not necessary.
5) An LJ t-shirt. I like black, and it's hard to go wrong with the largest size they offer, even if it does happen to be too large.
6) Laundry basket. I want tallish, standing, self-contained, able to take a decent load of laundry without buckling, able to be picked up and carried or at least dragged along after me.
7) Huggy-rocks. I already have a whole lot of random chunks of fluorite, enough that they are a regular hazard in my bed, but I like huggy-rocks.
8) You know that thing that you know you want to do, you know you need to do, but you've been hesitant or scared to? Do it. And write about it after you've done it. And if you like, put it up where I can see it.
9) hcolleen's EEE looks awesome. I know no one would probably be able to give me a new shiny tiny sub-notebook with a solid-state hard drive, but heck, this is a wishlist, and yeah, that's one of the things that I'd like.
10a) That fish video for fishoverIP. The effect desired is a large-screen video or animation that will loop forever, of a fish slapping the inside of the monitor, as if someone were slapping the viewer with it, a la the screencleaner.
10b) A patch for the tags. I don't think I'm likely to get a promise that if someone codes a good replacement for the tags search that has to happen to list all of a user's tags that it will be implemented and the tags cap will disappear or be raised, but hey, it can't hurt, and even if LJ doesn't implement it, at least someone tried, and it may benefit an LJ-clone that doesn't have all of LJ's particular situations.