- I shaved half my head in 2001. This was during a fight with my then-fiance, the details of which are not particularly important. It was incredibly self-destructive, and looked pretty hot, in a quasi-De'lenn sort of way.
- I have been engaged twice. Legally, I've never been married. Religiously, I have. The two of us were the only two witnesses, pledging ourselves to each other. We made up the vows on the fly. "By my heart and my life, I am yours, always and forever." (Hey, we were ~20.) I had been thinking about involving my soul in there somewhere, but something warned me at the last minute to not do that. I listened. I'm glad. I don't often think of myself as divorced, but from a certain perspective, I kind of am.
- There are things I would never write in public. There are things I would never write in quasi-public. There are things I would never write on private. There are things I would never write on paper. There are things I would never say. Some of them are because I don't want them to get out. Some of them are because I suspect they might happen, or be happening, or be true, but if I write them down, that makes it potentially real and not just in my head where it might just be me.
- Related, but not quite the same, there are things that I have to talk about to certain people before any others. Certain of the very most important ones, I have to tell my best friend first before anyone else. Other things, I can't announce in public until I've told the most important people first, but I can announce in less-public places. Darkside Must Know First is no longer quite so strict, now that I'm no longer actively courting him, but it's still something I take into consideration with important pieces of news. Sometimes, telling only one person in the hierarchy means it's OK to take it public. Other times, everyone in the usual hierarchy has to know. It depends. Darkside and Dawn get to hear a lot of things first, as do my roommates. IRC is next, or subsets of IRC, or subsets of the friendslist, depending. Then the whole friendslist at large. Then the public.
- I like dressing up boys in girl clothes, but not necessarily because I find it hot (sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, depends on my attitude towards the guy in question) but because it's fun. Compare my ability to create costumes from available wardrobe.
- I can't remember learning to read. I am sure I have some scattered memories from before the time I could read, but I never remember a struggle to disencode English. (Encode it, on the other hand ... my hand/eye coordination was really not fond of writing.)
- I have been threatened at gunpoint because a gay man hugged someone. (The tale appears in my AK-47 Guy tag.)
- Before I took the driving test for my driver's license, I had to perform car repair above and beyond what the average teenage girl has to know how to do. I was using Mama's car for the driving test on Monday. Mama had a Saab at that time. On Friday, the water pump blew. This was Fairbanks, Alaska, so there was one auto shop in town that fixed Saabs, and they were booked up until Tuesday. Tay-Tay had a horse event the whole weekend, and Dad was stuck driving the truck to pull the trailer for same. Dad got the water pump and a kit to flush the system, pulled down the correct manual, coasted the car down in front of the house, and cheerfully let me know that, well, here I was! Then he zoomed off with the horse. Some hours and swearing later, the doctor next door dropped by just in time to give me an adult-male-muscled hand with the awkward bolt that was not turning far enough or hard enough in the limited space, because my teenage-girl arm couldn't budge it. I passed the driving test on Monday. (Six months later, the seal on the water pump blew. If it had been installed tighter, like a professional would have done, something more expensive would have blown. So it was a good thing all around.)
- When I cry hard enough to make the whites of my eyes turn pink, my eyes look electric teal to me.
- I don't mind doing the dishes, but putting them away is another story. I don't have that one figured out.
10 Things About Me (some of which some of you know, some of which some of you don't):
Originally posted by azz_on_dw at Home, minus uterus http://azurelunatic.dreamwidth.org/7618142.htmlGot the uterus (and tubes, and…
Got logged out on my phone. Could have done without the aggressive ad takeover that threw me to the app store. Twice. No chance to log in. Might…
azz_on_dw Crossposted. comments. Sign in with OpenID (use your LJ URL), confirm an email address, and leave a comment.