This is on shuffle from my top rated, which coincidentally also contains my top played. First lines. Songs with no lyrics, lyrics not in English, and lyrics that give away the title in the first line have been skipped. (In the interests of me not having to sift through a truly ridiculous volume of music, there may be some repetitions of artist.)
Guess the title & artist (or an artist who's done it, since some have been covered). Comments are screened, but may be unscreened once they've all been guessed by somebody. Googling the lyrics is cheating; Googling to figure out if you were right after making your guesses is fair play.
1. When the world is a monster bad to swallow you whole, kick the clay that holds the teeth in, throw your trolls out the door
2. Bust out the thought before its drip became insistent
3. Let's start in style let's dance for a while Heaven can wait we're only watching the skies
4. The time to rise has been engaged you're better best to rearrange
5. How do you document real life when real life's getting more like fiction each day?
6. In the town where I was born lived a man who sailed the sea
7. Please baby can't you see my mind's a burning hell
8. As you brush your shoes and stand before your mirror
9. As I raise my head to broadcast my objection
10. Smashing through the boundaries storming through the burning fields
11. I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad. I got sunshine in a bag
12. I returned a bag of groceries accidentally taken off the shelf before the expiration date
13. Oh baby you're young but that's okay, what's give or take nine years anyway
14. I met her in a club down in old Soho
15. Sundown all around walking through the summer's end
16. Dusk is dawn is day where did it go? I've been laughing fast and slow
17. Baby, don't understand why we can't just hold on to each other's hands?
18. How'd you do? I see you've met my faithful handyman
19. First the tide rushes in, plants a kiss on the shore, then rolls out to sea
20. Edith Sitwell giving readings 14 Moscow Road
Bonus 1: The internet is not - the internet is not a big truck. The internet is not something that you just dump something on.
Bonus 2: I thought about the Army; Dad said 'Son you're fucking high'
Crossposted. comments. Sign in with OpenID (use your LJ URL), confirm an email address, and leave a comment.